At Lyft, community is what we are, and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is searching for a seasoned Network Engineer who will be responsible for helping to build and maintain the internal systems and networks for Lyft’s growing corporate IT organization. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with supporting complex, heterogeneous environments in a fast-paced, high growth setting.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
- Act as one of the technical leads for Lyft’s growing CorpEng Network and Compute Infrastructure
- Write White Papers and technical documentations
- Perform day to day support and administration including: installation, configuration, monitoring, documentation, and automation of network infrastructure and corporate systems
- Train and mentor users on the IT support team [Tier 1/Tier 2]
- Respond to tactical support escalations
- Provide continuous review of internal IT network infrastructure
- Some travel to support Data centers, new office builds and retrofits
- Participate in Tier 3 on call rotation
- Requires expert knowledge of complex LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications
- As a member of this team, you will be responsible for designing and enabling a multivendor routing platform as a service that support Edge Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program
- 7+ years of experience with the following:
- Designing, implementing, and Operating Large Global WAN Datacenters
- Experienced in Data Center/Colocation design, location selection and build
- Experience with hosted environments such as AWS, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Google Compute Engine, or Azure
- Designing and building MDF/IDF infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols eg:-WAN technologies-Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) , IPSEC VPN, MPLS etc.
- Experience with Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management platforms & AWS Route 53.
- Experience configuring/deployment of Network/Security equipment from Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper and / or other vendors
- Experience deploying, configuring and maintaining Cisco Anyconnect VPN Firewall.
- Wireless network design, tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with Aruba wireless, NAC [Clearpass]
- Implementing and tuning network and systems security in a large, complex multi-site environment.
- CCNP required (CCIE preferred or equivalent Certificate and/or Experience)